Student Visa

Process of Australia Student Visa and Admission for International Students

This process may take 4-6 weeks for assessment depending upon the education provider. The outstanding documents will be requested (if required).


  1. Choosing the preferred course and institution

  2. Submitting an application to the institution

  3. Getting and accepting an offer letter: after the offer letter is received, the applicant need to submit the required documents for the Streamline Visa Process (SVP) and furnish the financial documents for the amount to be shown. The first semester fees are to be paid to the education provider or as required by the education provider. A few institutions may need to pay the full fee of 1 year.

  4. Receiving electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE): upon the satisfaction of the SVP process, the education provider issues the Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) which is inevitable for processing the visa.

  5. Applying for Student Visa (Subclass 500) & Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 590): then, the application for the student visa is sent to the Department of Immigration & Border Protection, Australia. It is highly recommended that you lodge for the visa before 12 weeks from the days of orientation in the institution.


*Once the visa is APPROVED, the student can make him/herself ready to board for Australia.


Documents required for the Offer Letter from the Education Provider:

  • Original Passport (Including Old Passport) (All pages)

  • School Leaving Certificate / Birth Certificate

  • 10th, 12th Mark sheet And Attempt (credit) certificate

  • Diploma or ITI Mark sheets, Degree or Provisional Certificate

  • Bachelor mark sheets, Degree or Provisional Certificate

  • Master Mark sheet, Degree or Provisional Certificate

  • Transcript if available

  • Work Experience Letter (If applicable)

  • IELTS /English Language Certificate

  • Resume / CV

  • Any other relevant certificates (If applicable)

  • Letter of Recommendation (LOR)

  • SOP (Statement of Purpose)

  • Marriage Certificate (If applicable)


You can only meet the eligibility criteria for both institution and visa application if you have:

  • English language proficiency Certificates (IELTS or PTE)

  • Met health and character requirements

  • Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

  • Evidence of Sufficient funds

  • Academic Certificates


English language requirements:

In Australia, universities and colleges accept both IELTS and PTE scores as a proof of English proficiency. 

The following guideline for IELTS/PTE score is just an approximation, each University or institute will have their own benchmark score for their respective courses.

  • Diploma programs: IELTS - Overall band score of 5.5 with no band less than 5.0 (PTE – Overall 45; no less than 36)

  • Bachelor’s Degree: IELTS - Overall band score of 6.0; with no band less than 5.5 (PTE – Overall 50; no less than 45)

  • Graduate Diploma: IELTS - Overall band score of 6.5; with no band less than 6.0 (PTE – Overall 6.5; no less than 50)

  • Master Programs: IELTS - Overall band score of 6.5; with no band less than 6.0 (PTE – Overall 6.5; no less than 50)


Finance Sources:

In the student visa assessment program, there are five different assessment levels. They bring into line all students visa requirements to the immigration risk posed by applicants from a particular country studying in a particular education division.


You may need to provide specified documentary evidence of your financial capacity with your visa application. You can find out if you are likely to need to provide this evidence by using the Document Checklist Tool (


The accepted documents included:

Where you need to provide evidence of financial capacity, you will be able to demonstrate this by providing one of the following:

  • Evidence of funds to cover travel to Australia and 12 months’ living, course and (for school aged dependents) schooling costs for the student and accompanying family members. If you are coming to Australia for a short course, you will only need to show evidence of funds for the intended period of stay.

  • Evidence that you meet the annual income requirement

  • An Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Students (AASES) form (secondary exchange students only).

  • A letter of support from Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or Department of Defense.


The type of evidence, where required, includes money deposit or loan with an approved financial institution, government loan, scholarship or sponsorship.


The annual income option requires students to provide evidence of personal annual income of at least AUD 60,000. For students accompanied by family members the amount is AUD 70,000. The income demonstrated must be the personal income of your spouse (who is not travelling with you) or parents. In circumstances where both of your parents are working, their combined income can be considered for this requirement. In all cases, the evidence of annual income must be provided in the form of official government documentation, such as a tax assessment.


Resources from: